Monday 2 February 2015

January Favourites




I tried to force myself not to choose all of my favourites from my last haul, and I don't think I did too badly! First up I have the Nars Orgasm blush. Not to over-exaggarate, but I don't think I'll ever be able to find a blush that I like more than this one. I've never been a big blush person because I feel that it doesn't suit me, so I absolutely love the fact that this is so sheer and not over-the-top, but it's also buildable if you want it to be. I am one for a nice highlighted glowy face though, so the gold bits of shimmer in this are the icing on the cake for me! 
A more recent purchase is the 109 Luxe Face Paint Brush by Zoeva. As you can (hopefully) see in the picture, this is a very densely packed slim brush and so is absolutely perfect for contouring. If you're a beginner at contouring (like me) and you're a bit shitty at it (like me), then you need this in your life. It places the product right where you want it and it blends nicely too. 
My favourite lipstick of this month is 100% Please Me by Mac. I've been wearing this basically every day, and it's one of my favourite shades. It's not in-your-face pink, but it's not a nude pink either, it's perfect. Another thing I love about this lipstick is that even though it's matte, it doesn't dry up my lips at all but it manages to stay on all day which is why it's the best lipstick for college or work. I also have another item from Mac, which is their False Lashes Extreme Black. This was sent to me in one of my Mac purchases as a free tester, and I'm 99% sure I'll be getting the larger version. I never hear much about this mascara across the blogging community, but I think it's because it's more of an everyday natural mascara rather than it being in-your-face-wow-lashes if you get what I mean. I wouldn't opt for this if I was going out (I prefer by Benefit mascaras for that) but I love it for everyday - it's not clumpy, it lengthens my lashes without looking over-the-top, and it comes off easily at the end of the day. 
Lastly, I have the L'Oreal' Nude Magique BB Cream. I have it in the shade Light - which is not light!!!! - and I really love this. As my skin is quite nice anyway (I don't tend to have major redness or spots), I was looking for something that would make my skin a little bit darker and even it out but not a foundation. I'm so glad I found this product because it acts like a foundation without being one - it's so lightweight that you can't even see I'm wearing anything, it lasts all day and it blends in so easily. I'm not going to talk that much about it because I want to do a more in-depth review about it, but I'm surprised that there isn't more hype about this product!
What were some of your favourites this month?

3 comments:

  1. Hihi, volgens mij overdrijf je niet hoor over die blush van Nars. Ik hoor er namelijk zo-veel goede dingen over. Die make-upkwast lijkt me ook echt ontzettend fijn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the nars blush! such a pretty shade!
    following you on bloglovin', hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! Your blog is really pretty, I followed you back :)

      Delete