Wednesday 11 February 2015

Affordable Brushes








I am constantly on the hunt for affordable make-up brushes that actually do their job, and do it properly. I know that a lot of people like to invest, but I just cannot justify paying £20+ on just one brush. So, I think that I've finally found some make-up brushes that do the same jobs as the likes of Real Techniques (which although are drugstore and classed as 'affordable', they can get expensive fast) but are almost half the price.

I know what you're thinking. You can't get decent eye brushes for that price. But you can! Trust me. These brushes are the softest brushes ever. Blending is a dream. I waited around three weeks for them to arrive, so I had high expectations and they have met them. Within the pack of eight, you get four blending brushes which are shaped differently for different things (outer V, crease brush, etc), and you also get several smaller brushes that can be used for eyeliner, eyebrows, smudging or applying eyeshadow under the eye. This is 100% the best £4 I've ever spent, and I feel like my eyeshadow application is so much better now. 

I was very skeptical about these brushes - I've not heard many good things about the normal ELF brushes, the hype seems to revolve around the studio ones. The studio ones are what I wanted, but after going on the site day after day, I grew tired out of seeing the words 'Out of stock' and decided to order the normal ones instead. I haven't had any problems with these at all - although they probably won't last very long, so far they have blended and applied my eyeshadow really well without it being patchy. They're also very small so they give great precision as well. They're not the softest of brushes, but for the price, I won't complain! 

As you can hopefully see from the picture (please look past the dirtiness of the brushes), these look identical to Real Techniques. And I think I can say that these are also the same quality as Real Techniques - just without the brand written on the side. These brushes are so soft and they work so perfectly. You get such a variety of brushes within the set - a big powder brush, a stippling brush, a contour brush, and many more. If you're lusting after Real Techniques brushes but can't fork out the money for the full set then these are your best friend!

What are some of your favourite brushes?





8 comments:

  1. Great post! I've recently bought the XCSource brushes which are amazing and definitely affordable!
    I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, which you can find on my post here - http://chloe-steele.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html
    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll definitely have to check those out. Thank you! I'll try and get round to it this week! :)

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster award. Go check out my blog post on it emmakatherinesmith.blogspot.co.uk
    :-) Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'll try and get round to it this week! :)

      Delete
  3. Heyy, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Love reading your blog!
    Megan xx
    http://megans-style-diary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'll try and get round to it this week! :)

      Delete
  4. Hey as I can see I am not he only one but I nominated you for the Liebster Award- check it out at
    http://rheeblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html I look forward to hearing your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'll try and get round to it this week! :)

      Delete