Sunday 8 February 2015

The Purple Lip


Purple is my absolute favourite colour to wear on my lips, so I wanted to share with you my top three favourites from my collection that range from affordable to a little more high end, and from every-day wearable to.. not. 

From left to right: Mac Heroine, Topshop Inhibition and Laqa & Co Lip Lube 





Mac is my number one favourite brands when it comes to lipsticks, and I have to say that Heroine might just be my favourite of them all. On some people this appears to be a wearable colour that they could get away with wearing on an everyday basis (maybe), but for some reason this isn't the case for me - maybe it's due to my lips having high pigmentation, I don't know. I don't mind though, because the colour of this lipstick is absolutely amazing - it is a vibrant but deep purple and unlike other purple lipsticks, I find that it makes my teeth look more white as opposed to yellow. This is definitely my favourite out of all the purple lipsticks I own, and what makes me happier is that it's a matte finish!

2. LAQA & CO SHEER LIP LUBE IN MENATOUR | £14



This is definitely the sheerest of the three, and is perfect for everyday wear as it is 'sheer' (hence the name!). This is a really pretty purple colour, more on the lilac side - as you can see, it's not as deep as Heroine. I recieved this in one of the summer Birchbox boxes and it's definitely one of my favourite products I've ever recieved out of all the boxes. It comes in the form of a pencil so it's so easy to apply, and it's extremely moisturising on the lips. As well as being moisturising, however, it also lasts all day - which is something that I'm always looking for in a lipstick as you find that the more moisturising they are, the less wear that they have. However, this is definitely not the case when it comes to these lip pencils.. although they're on the pricey side, they're 100% worth it. 



I bought this lipstick a few months ago when it was definitely not £8. I'm going to be honest, I don't think I would pay that amount now for a Topshop lipstick as, for me, they're not all they're hyped up to be. However, this is a very pretty shade and although it looks a proper purple in the packaging, it turns into a kind of deep plum shade on the lips. However, as you can see in the picture a lot of the lipstick has come off (this was from rubbing my lips together) making it patchy, and it also transfers everywhere. I definitely think that there are better lipsticks out there for half the price of this one, but if you're a fan of these lipsticks and looking for a non-scary purple shade, Inhibition would be perfect for you!

What are some of your favourite purple lipsticks?

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Just wanted to say that I recently discovered your blog over on bloglovin and I really love it so I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! :)
    Catriona...

    http://catrionalauder.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete