Thursday 29 January 2015

A Rather Large NYC Haul



As I mentioned in my last post, I went a bit mad with the makeup in New York. I couldn't actually believe how much cheaper makeup is over there. I got the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for $49, which works out to be £13 cheaper compared to the price in the UK! It's crazy.

I went a bit blush-mad as I shockingly only owned one blush before I went away. It was a different story when I came back however, as now I have two Nars blushes in Deep Throat and Orgasm (excuse the names), two Mac blushes in Peaches and Desert Rose plus a Milani baked blush in Luminoso. My favourite out of the five is by far the Nars Orgasm - I'm sure everyone knows what it looks like because everyone and their dog owns it, but it's a light pink, sheer blush with gold specks. I honestly don't think I'll find another blush that I love more than this one! 

I also purchased six lipsticks whilst in New York, but boringly they're all from the same company. When I went there, I realised that I wanted the Nars Audacious lipsticks but as I hadn't done any research on them beforehand, I was clueless about the shades and whether they were actually any good (now that I've watched about 10000 videos, I'm waiting until Anna comes back in stock and I'll be making a beeline for Selfridges). So I settled for Mac lipsticks, which are honestly my favourite lipsticks ever in the shades: Pink Nouveau, Honeylove, Twig and Ruby Woo.

Sephora sucked me in at the checkout and I was compelled to pick up a substitute of my number one tool, the Beauty Blender. I also picked up some of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors in the Spotlights Kit where you get three liquid highlighters for £20. I thought this was a good deal considering their way more than £20 on their own! I think it's quite difficult to purchase these in the UK, but they're available online on Space NK here! Another thing I was compelled into buying by Sephora was the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe. I'll just say a few words: I understand the hype. I love it! However, I've never heard anyone comment on the packaging before but I realllly don't like it. And the pencil part of mine keeps falling out of the actual pencil slot thing. Knowing my luck though, I probably just got a dodgy one! The last thing I got in Sephora was the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. This is the best. eyeliner. ever. Say no more.

I also stocked up on a couple of concealers. I was lucky enough to stumble into a random beauty store on a quiet street where I found the LA Girl Pro Conceal ($3). I'm so happy that I got two of these concealers because they're absolutely amazing. However, they're not as amazing as the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer ($20). I used it straight away when I got home from New York and it immediately became my favourite concealer ever. The two are quite comparable though, but I find that the Mac concealer covers more! 

Laaaaastly, I obviously had to visit a NYX counter whilst I was at CVS. I was so disappointed at how every single drugstore seemed to stock NYX, but every single product was sold out. I did manage to pick up two Lip Liners though, one in Purple Rain (for MAC's Heroine) and another in Hot Pink (for Candy Yum Yum). I also picked up one of their Jumbo Eye Pencils in Milk which everybody raves about! 

So that's the end of the haul! I don't think it's an excessive amount but it's definitely made my makeup collection a lot bigger than it was. Thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment